Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.hummingbirdcards.co.uk/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday 3 May 2011

The Wedding Diary: a veritable treasure trove!



Having made the decision to have our wedding reception in the garden & having (after a bit of a hunt!) found a perfect traditional, canvas tent style marquee means that the fun can now begin! I can finally start to create, hunt for & make decorations & other little bits of gorgeousness that my head has been full of for months now.





My first must was to start to hunt for lots of vintage crockery. I've already got quite a few heirloom pieces which I've had hidden away, but I've started to collect lots more so we've got enough for our garden party wedding!




I love to visit antique fairs, junk shops & car boots! & they've proved to be a great source for vintage tea cups, milk jugs, tea plates & teapots! I even picked up a few pieces last week at Newark.






Its been great fun bringing home bags and boxes of treasured finds and carefully cleaning & storing them away. In the studio we've all got our personal favourites.





Suzi loves this hand painted teacup!

Its onto the 'Cake' next & Mum and I are getting together tomorrow to chat over recipes, cake tin sizes and of course the decoration!

No comments: